
Okay, so, how many of you moms out there are totally freakin glad that school is almost (or already) out? Can I have an AMEN?! Let me preface this entire blog by saying there is a slight possibility that my PMS may influence any and all statements I make today.
So, today is the kids' last day of school. Does anyone realize how much stress it brings to the mom the day before the last day of school? Like coming up with a last minute gift for the teachers and bus drivers. Or driving to the store at 9pm for 24 popsicles for the 2nd grade LUAU party....the fifth party in a row that they've had the last couple weeks of school. Do the schools like totally shut down and turn into party central the month of May? Oh no, wait a minute, it's not all party...they throw in two field trips PER CLASS in the month of May as well. I can't keep up with the notes, the requests, the last minute homework. Oh, now THAT brings up a good topic....homework. Travis had 3 pages of homework to do last night. HOW MANY TEACHERS SEND HOME THREE %&*$#($#)Q(*^ PAGES OF HOMEWORK THE NIGHT BEFORE SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER???? And did I mention the comprehensive reading homework he turned in? Earlier this week he had a worksheet with a pie chart describing fuel/energy in the U.S. He didn't finish the last two questions so had to fill them out on the bus on the way to school. Well, he got the paper back yesterday. I was looking through the backpack and found it and noticed the last two questions were marked wrong. They were answered, but wrong. So I read them. The question was "What does the information in the above pie graph describe, and explain why". My son's answer?: "I don't know, but every time someone says pie I get really hungry." Someone help me.
And I'm not particularly fond of the lunch lady. Two days ago Travis brought home a note from the lunch lady that says, "you will need .55 cents to finish out the next two days for Travis's lunches....". FINE. So, even though I didn't like her tone. (She wrote the note in red.) I scrounged up .55 cents, dropped it in an envelope and sent it with him to school. LAST NIGHT I get a followup note from the wicked lunch lady. THis time I REALLY didn't like her tone. (Written in red, with much larger letters.) "Your son ordered extra milk today...please send an additional .35 cents". What the? So I asked Travis if the lunch lady was mean....he said no. I said, well, does she look really scary. Again, he looks at me like I smoke crack and says that she's only asking for .35 cents. WRONG buddy, this lady has it out for me!!!!! I can tell!!!! Then it dawns on me...won't you be ordering extra milk tomorrow too? So I tape .70 cents to the snotty note and send it to school with him. I bet she has a mole on her nose. With hair in it.
Since I don't have photos of the lunch lady, I'm posting what I THINK she looks like.
Will the lunch lady hunt me down and beat me up for another quarter? 8 ball says: YES!!!!!!

2 comments:
You know all lunch ladies are from another planet.
Oh . . . every time someone mentions the lunch lady I think of pork fritters. . . . or that photo of a lunch lady holding a slightly used pork fritter she found under a table with a size 5 foot print on it.
You are so weird.
Post a Comment