Friday, October 5, 2007

tGif (or, OH HAPPY DAY!)


I have some things that I'm very excited about! One of them is a band I just discovered. Note the terminology there..."I" just discovered. I say this because they've apparently been around since at least the early '90s....I'm just now discovering them. They are called the NEWSBOYS. Their newest album is GO. I just downloaded it yesterday and haven't stopped listening to it. It's basically Christian rock with a dance beat. Funny thing is, it's REALLY GOOD. What I mean by that is I can be very snobbish when it comes to music classified as Christian rock because it's either mediocre in quality, OR, the message is the same in every song...not that I'm saying the message is boring, but the same message in every song just isn't fresh. Well, NEWSBOYS is fresh! And the lyrics are really good. It's a Euro beat and well, as geekish as it sounds, I'm all about the Euro. Maybe it's my skin tone and hair color, who knows.

Okay, the second thing I'm excited about is a book I'm reading. Lots of you will again scream "geek" because IRONICALLY, just as I got interested in this book, Oprah put it on her list and is discussing it on her Friday show with the author. Trust me, PURE coincidence. I'm not one to follow Oprah's book list. I can pick out books on my own thank you. But I have to agree with her on this one. It's called Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's her memoir of self discovery and it really is fun to read. It's not holier than thou by any stretch of the imagination. It's very real, very true, and very good reading.

There are lots of other things I'm excited about like starting yoga again, eating lunch with friends, the beautiful weather lately, but in particular MY MOONROOF! I have a long laundry list of dreams for my life. And oddly enough, one of them was to have a moonroof. It's the little things I guess. But it brings me lots of joy, especially lately. I don't go a minute in my car (unless it's raining) when it isn't open. And when it's raining, I still leave the cover off just so I can see the rain hit the window. It's one of the funnest things ever. I'm thankful for it every day. I know, I'm a nerd.

Speaking of dreams....here are a few that I have had since I was old enough to start writing them down:

Visiting Hawaii
Visiting Germany
Writing a book
Learning guitar
Owning a studio
Having a moonroof (check)
Living in a different culture (preferably a more simple one)
Fly in a hot air balloon
Adopt a foreign child
Dye my hair like red.
Get a tattoo
Do something worthwhile (legacy thing)
Be a lifelong student
Meet as many different people as humanly possible before I die
And the list goes on, and on, and on.....

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and even more wonderful weekend!
Question today: Will I learn something new today? 8-ball says: MOST DEFINITELY!

3 comments:

Peony said...

why the hell didn't you come visit us in Germany then!!!???!!!

Special K said...

Ha! Because I'm a struggling artista!!!!!!!!!!

JWC said...

Hey there girl,
Just wanted you to know that your blog inspired me to do the same... so here it is!

http://shesarunner.blogspot.com/

Happy New Year!

jgurl